Mixing Jira Software Premium and Jira Core

Seamus March 31, 2021

Hi 

I'm exploring options with regards to different licensing types, and I just want to clarify a few things:

Use Case A - A small number of project managers, creating detailed project plans, advanced roadmaps with 3 or 4 layers of hierarchy, creating and allocating actions to business users

Use Case BA larger number of users from the business who need to be able to transition, comment on, re assign and potentially create actions with in the same project as those in Use Case A.

Am I correct in thinking that I could sign up to Jira Software Premium and Jira Core and allocate Software licenses to Use Case A users and Core Licenses to Use Case B users and they'd be able to interact and each carry out the necessary actions in the same project?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Seamus , 

I can confirm that it is possible to have Jira Software premium AND Jira Core at the same time : you can then have the Jira Core users interact with issues in your Software projects.

The only limitation is that the Jira Core users won't be able to see Kanban or Scrum boards, or use the backlog and the Agile reports.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer