Missing icons from Agile Board sidebar for few users but not for others

Neha Walimbe November 29, 2017

For few users, I can see the Backlog and Sprint view is disabled, whereas for others it is available. We have tried and played with permissions, but even a site admin is not able to get to the 'Backlog' view. This is for a specific project only.

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

That sounds strange.  My concern would be to understand if maybe this isn't a project permission problem, but an application access problem.   With JIra 7, there is a different way of managing which users have access to applications like Jira Software and/or Jira Service Desk.

Since Sprints and backlog view are specifically Jira Software features, the first thing to check is that these users have Jira Software Application access.   It is possible a user might only have Core Access and could see the project, but would not be able to use Jira Software features like Scrum/Kanban boards, Agile reports, etc.

Is this Jira Server or Jira Cloud?

If this is Cloud, then I would recommend checking out Manage Application Access for steps to follow to check that this account should be able to see that.

If this is Jira Server, then the Licensing and application access page explains how you add specific groups to grant access to Jira Software.

If this doesn't help, then what do these users see?   Are they getting some error when trying to visit the same URL that works or other users?   Are there an usually large number of issues that appear in this project?

Andy

Suggest an answer