Missing acceptance criteria when converted from story to an epic

Karen Fleming July 28, 2017

Hi,

I converted a story to an epic and forgot to copy the AC's. I have a look through the history but I can't seem to find it the original AC's. 

How can I find them without converting back to a user story and therefore losing all the epic child ticket links.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

There are two things that can happen with a field during a move.

First, if the field is not valid for the new issue type, JIRA will warn you that you are about to remove it, and if you confirm, scrub it off the issue, writing that fact to the history.

Second, if the field is valid, it won't touch it.  But "valid" doesn't necessarily mean "displayed"

I suspect the second case.  And the AC field is not on the Epic's "view" screen.  As an admin, you should be able to add it to the screen and hence expose the content to view.  (You can always hide it again later after copying it to somewhere more appropriate)

Thanks, Nick.
It didn't work for me when I tried to add the field, it was just empty. 
I converted it back and it reappeared :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

Argh, I completely forgot.  It was probably hidden by the field configuration as well!

I see!! thank you, again. 
Those tricky hidden fields. 

Suggest an answer