Missing acceptance criteria when converted from story to an epic

Hi,

I converted a story to an epic and forgot to copy the AC's. I have a look through the history but I can't seem to find it the original AC's. 

How can I find them without converting back to a user story and therefore losing all the epic child ticket links.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

There are two things that can happen with a field during a move.

First, if the field is not valid for the new issue type, JIRA will warn you that you are about to remove it, and if you confirm, scrub it off the issue, writing that fact to the history.

Second, if the field is valid, it won't touch it.  But "valid" doesn't necessarily mean "displayed"

I suspect the second case.  And the AC field is not on the Epic's "view" screen.  As an admin, you should be able to add it to the screen and hence expose the content to view.  (You can always hide it again later after copying it to somewhere more appropriate)

Thanks, Nick.
It didn't work for me when I tried to add the field, it was just empty. 
I converted it back and it reappeared :) 

Argh, I completely forgot.  It was probably hidden by the field configuration as well!

I see!! thank you, again. 
Those tricky hidden fields. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 2 hours ago in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #5: Three new ways to get a live Jira Ops demo!

Welcome to your weekly Jira Ops Early Access program update, where we’re sharing news and updates on Jira Ops progress as we work toward our 1.0 release. If you ever want to drop us feedback or ideas...

13 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you