Missing Kanban board when filtering multiple projects (and one project with an assignee)

Jason Kneebone February 12, 2021

Hi All,

I am having issues trying to pull in an additional projects (with viewing only one assignee) into another projects Kanban. 

Background

I have been asked to represent a Kanban for a team's board which includes the Managers tickets from their Management project board. In this example Todd Mathews is the Manager of Team A, but is a leader which works across other management boards.

Projects

Project = Senior Management Projects- SM (Assignee - Todd Mathews) & Management Projects - MA (Assignee - Todd Mathews)

Project - Team A

Current JQL Filter

project = Team A OR project in (SM,MA) AND assignee = "Todd Mathews" ORDER BY Rank ASC

People

We have set up access in groups where the whole department is part of Operations. 

Problem

The issue is that users of the Operations group can't view the Kanban board (doesn't display), but I can see the Kanban board (all tickets, including Todd Mathews tickets from SM & MA).

Any guidance would be helpful.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hello @Jason Kneebone 

Have you shared the saved filter that you constructed for the new board with the Operations group?

Do the members of the Operations group have Browse Projects permission for all the projects in the filter?

Thanks for the response Trudy. The Permission Scheme for the Projects is consistent across the boards with Browse Project Access based on Project Role (Users).

Also, when I remove the reference to "OR project in (SM,MA) AND assignee = "Todd Mathews" the Operations Users can view the Kanban.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Do the Operations users get any sort of error when trying to view the board? What do they actually see, if anything (screen header, navigation pane, error message, ...)?

Has any sort of Issue Security been implemented in the SM and MA projects?

Can youget an Operations user to test using the filter directly, not through the kanban board, and see if they get results?

Like Jason Kneebone likes this

You were spot on with the existing message. I hadn't shared the filter with the rest of the team.

Thanks for your help!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events