Missing Comments in Jira Software

Hi all,

We are missing some comments and i think i found them in cache\indexes\comments.

Do anyone know how to import them into Jira?

I already tried to Re-Index Jira, but this didn't work.

Best Regards,

Lukas 

1 answer

Hello,

Maybe you are not missing them. Maybe they were secured to a group or role to which you do not belong.

Exactly my thought too.

Comments don't "go missing" unless bad things happen.  It's far more likely that you can't see them in the UI and there's nothing to "import".  (And no, "I am an admin" is irrelevant when it comes to it, admin means admin, not "I can arbitrarily see stuff that I might not want to as a user")

Hi,

I pretty sure i'm missing them.

I received a notification mail which contains the comment.

When i open the link and i got forwarded to the issue, the  comment is not displayed.

Best Regards

In scriptrunner console execute

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueByCurrentKey("issuekey")

ComponentAccessor.commentManager.getComments(issue).each{ it -> log.error(it.getBody()) }

And see if your comment is there

Hi,

Everytime I got this Error 

2017-11-07 10:58:45,911 WARN [common.UserScriptEndpoint]: Script console script failed: 
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.getEntitiesByIssueObject(DefaultIssueManager.java:410)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.RequestCachingIssueManager.getEntitiesByIssueObject(RequestCachingIssueManager.java:155)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentSearchManager.getComments(CommentSearchManager.java:106)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.DefaultCommentManager.getComments(DefaultCommentManager.java:174)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManager$getComments.call(Unknown Source)
at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:3)

Best Regards

In the script above change issuekey to the key of the issue for which a comment is missing. When you execute the script you will see the comment. If you see it, then you just do not have permissions to view the comment. The script above will show you all comments without paying attentions to permissions.

Hi all,

At first, thanks for the fast response.

I've got the same comments as in the ticket, but the missing one is not listed.

Any other suggestions?

Best Regards

Could it be possible the comment was posted, you received the mail, and after that the owner edited the comment and changed the visibility?

Hi,

That was my first thougt too, but i checked it and the comment writer changed nothing.

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

Stay in touch

Be the first to know what's trending on Atlassian Community