Misaligned Features to Sprints (Start ad end mid sprint)

Juan Du Toit February 3, 2021

Greetings!

Background:

I have a client where they work in predefined sprint dates - Always Start on a Monday and end on the next Friday.

In some instances, the sprint will be started or ended earlier or later depending on public holidays, but still keeping the cadence. 

When the sprint was ended earlier (Friday and not the Monday)

The next sprint was started a day later due to the public holiday (Tuesday and not the Monday)

In AR it shifted the dates of all sprints.

What it also did was to shift the start and dates of the Issues set above an Epic called Feature, in the hierarchy, to start and end mid-sprint.

We tried playing around by editing the current sprint's start and end date by setting the dates to the actual dates the sprints would start and end if we had no holidays, but it did not fix the issue.

Questions:

1. How do we fix these issues so the Feature still aligns with the sprint dates as we will always have public holidays on Monday or Friday?
  2. Is it possible to set future sprint dates? (I don't think it is but I thought I would ask anyway)
  3. What is the best practice here to follow?AP_AR_Misaligned Features to sprints.jpg

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events