Migration from JIRA On Premise to JIRA Cloud

Didem Aksaray January 6, 2021

Hi,

We're currently using JIRA on premise. We're planning to use JIRA Cloud, that's why we're researching how to migrate our projects, issues, rules, workflows from on premise to cloud without having any problem.

I'll appreciate it if you advise a tool or method to do it successfully.

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hi @Didem Aksaray

a more organizational overview of what needs to be done might provide this page:
https://www.atlassian.com/migration/cloud

At least for the first steps and to get an insight I found it to be very useful.

As soon as those aspects are all clear there certainly nothing speaks agains going forward with the technical stuff like Mirek and Prince mentioned already.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Didem Aksaray 

Welcome to Community! Depending on what version your On Prem is, you should consider using the Jira Migration Assistant tool as it's an easy to use tool and way much better than other methods used in the Migration process.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Didem Aksaray

There are few options and there is no single way to do the migration. Depends on your environment. 

I suggest you yo start by reading through this document that heavily describes that topic and get back in case of any specific questions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/migrate-from-server-to-cloud-972330172.html

Hope it helps you get started :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events