Migration Process Problems (WebDAV - Attachment) about standalone to onDemand

Semih Teke March 9, 2014

Hello Dear Atlassian Support,

I'll have a few questions about Migration Process from "Standalone JIRA v(3.13.2)" to "onDemand JIRA v(6.2.1)".

1) When I try to backup data from "Standalone JIRA v(3.13.2)", it's not backing up attachment files, is it possible to do this any other way ? maybe copying via SSH or another way to put these attachments to the backup .zip file ?

2) When I backup data from "Standalone JIRA v(3.13.2)" and copied to "onDemand JIRA v(6.2.1)"s WebDAV (https://planin.atlassian.net/webdav) Folder, this backup doesn't appear at "onDemand JIRA v(6.2.1)" environment and I cannot restore. How can I restore these backups at onDemand JIRA ?

Will be waiting your answers as soon as possible

Thank you so much

Have a nice day

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

Hi Semith

1 - It will not backup the attachments, you will have to upload it manually.

2 - To restore a backup at JIRA OnDemand, your current standalone backup need to be in the last version available. Current JIRA 6.2, so you will have to first update your current JIRA 3.13.2 to JIRA 4.4.5 and than to JIRA 6.2.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

0 votes
Semih Teke March 9, 2014

Ricardo,

Thank you so much for your helpful and fast replay.

When I upgrade the version to the latest one, is it gonna backup attachment ? or Will i still need to do it manually ?

And, how is possible to 'upload manually' attachments ? you mean one by one ? or how ?

Suggest an answer