Migration Jira Cloud to DC, and original DC data cannot be overwritten

Ellie Chen September 14, 2022

Hello 

My company has organized a JIRA DC site, which is already in use by many departments.

My boss hopes to  move the cloud sites data which in use by small team into this DC site.

Therefore, the cloud data should be added to the existing JIRA DC, and the original data or project in JIRA(DC) cannot be overwritten.

The cloud-to-DC solution I have inquired will cover the entire ground-end environment, and the original data will be lost. This does not meet our needs. Could anyone please give me some advice?

3 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2022

Hi @Ellie Chen

This is Majid @ Exalate.

Can you please provide some more details here? Does the destination project already have issues and you want to add the cloud issues to the same project? Or do the issues already exist on both ends and it is a matter of updating the correct ones? I believe you can utilize an integration solution to act as the migration agent here. I would urge you to look at Exalate that, although, is not designed as a migration solution, works very well in these scenarios. 

Please feel free to book a customized demo if you would like to see the product in action. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2022

@Ellie Chen hi there! Can you, please, clarify a bit more your use case? You want to migrate already existing data from one Jira instance to another? Check out ZigiOps. It can help you connect (&sync) or migrate data from one jira to another in a few clicks. If you're interested to know more, feel free to book a demo and we'll take a closer look into your use case.

Regards, Diana (ZigiOps team)

0 votes
Don Masten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2022

Check these out
 Migrating from Jira Cloud to Server
 JIRA Software: Migrating from Cloud to Server
 Restoring a project from backup

High level steps:

Create a backup of your Jira cloud
Import backup into a empty test server
Make any changes needed.
Create backup of test server
Import projects one at a time into DC

Suggest an answer