Migrating Jira Server to cloud with Atlas CRM

Noam Lugasi May 5, 2021

Hi,

We would like to migrate our Jira Software to cloud. I  noticed there're some nice guides and the migration tools are looking good.

The thing is that we use Atlas CRM as plug-in and we're very happy with it and we would like to have it working for us on the cloud as well but I'm not sure how this integration will work with Jira data in the cloud and Atlas CRM running on-prem. Should we keep the server running only for Atlas CRM and use a sync tool with Jira?

What would be the best solution do you think?

Thanks,

Noam. 

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Noam Lugasi ,

I've just had a look at the Atlas CRM documentation and have some insight to share.

First, in terms of features:

• From the feature comparison matrix, it looks like Atlas CRM Cloud should function the same as it does on Server
  • The one item that appears different between Server/Cloud is the API for interacting with Atlas CRM. According to their roadmap, a Cloud API is planned for later this year

Now for data:

• As of the writing of this answer, our Jira Cloud Migration Assistant app doesn't yet support migration of app-specific data. If information is stored in regular Jira data structures (i.e. custom fields, entity properties), that information will be copied as part of the migration assistant. Objects that apps store specially in their own database tables are not yet supported by the migration assistant, and Atlassian recommends working directly with app vendors to export/import data from apps.
  • Atlas CRM's documentation suggests using the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant - this leads me to believe that they are storing data in regular Jira objects (i.e. custom fields, entity properties) that JCMA supports. I have not used Atlas CRM personally and can't confirm that - if there's a question about it, you can contact the vendor directly at this link .
  • Since the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant is non-destructive to your local Server instance, it might be possible to import into a test Cloud site and enable the Atlas CRM Cloud trial to see if things are working as you expect with your CRM data.

I hope that helps answer things a bit! Overall, I would suggest trying to fully migrate if possible. It's a significant amount of work to manage two synchronized Jira instances. I would not advise doing that if Atlas CRM is the only reason you might not be doing a full migration - instead I'd recommend trying to migrate that data and reaching out to Avisi's support to help with any extra Atlas CRM migration questions.

Cheers,
Daniel

Noam Lugasi May 6, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the detailed guidance.

We did most of the research already and also contacted the vendor. they said they have it on their roadmap but the migration tool will not be ready before the end of the year. I guess this means that trying to migrate using JCMA will probably fail or won't be supported.

The API is also an issue as we integrate our app with the server so Q3/Q4` as well.

Noam.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

There is an Atlas CRM app for JIRA Cloud. I did not drill into the details to see if it supports integration between JIRA Cloud and Atlas CRM on-prem.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213313/atlas-crm-customers-and-sales-in-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Noam Lugasi May 6, 2021

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for the link. We already installed Atlas CRM trial on a trial Confluence cloud.

We are now checking our options to migrate successfully which is the main challenge.

Noam.

Suggest an answer