Migrate

Nurullah AKIN June 4, 2021

Hi,

I need to migrate jira to another account. I try to export with CSV. I have taken CSV export from old jira account and try to import new account. Migration was successfull but attachements are not imported. When I mapping Attachment column during impor process it gives below warning. I dont it depend this warning or not. 

"CSV file has multiple columns having the same name. There's only a limited set of JIRA fields that can have multiple values assigned to. Mappings for those columns will be limited to those fields only."

I export CVS file from jira account and I changed attachment file path with new account according to below article.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/importing-attachments-into-jira-cloud-using-csv-external-system-importer-966669960.html

Can you please help, what I should I do.?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2021

Hello Nurullah and welcome to the Community!

There might be an easier way to migrate your cloud site to another cloud site. May we suggest reviewing How to create a backup for Jira Cloud.

To create a backup for cloud:

1. Choose  > System

2. In the IMPORT AND EXPORT section, click Backup manager.

3. Under Backup for cloud, select Create backup for cloud.

You can tick the Include additional files option if you want to include issue attachments, user avatars, and project logos in the export.

After the backup is complete, select Download backup file.

Once you have your export completed you can restore it to your new site by following How to import backup data into Jira Cloud.

1. First, we recommend splitting your cloud backup file into two separate files: a database file containing your activeobjects.xml and entities.xml, and a separate one for your attachments and other media. This can help avoid timeout errors and reduce the risk of issues when importing.
  2. Once you've split your backup into separate database and media files, follow the instructions on importing issues to import them to cloud. 
  3. After the import, log in to your new Jira Cloud site with the same admin account you used to log in to your original site. 

Note that cross-application links (links to a source file page from a Jira issue) will point back to the corresponding source location after the import.

Hope this information proves helpful.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders