Migrate one JIRA project to other JIRA instance

Kelly Jones February 27, 2018

Moving EPICS to new Project Instance in JIRA v7.2.9.  Having issues moving EPICS with sub-stories.    We have 150+ EPICS (and growing) which remain open (perpetual) as they are mapped (1:1) to accounts where all the DEV work and support requests are nested (aggregated under the EPIC id, per account/customer).   So the EPIC remains open as long as the customer account is open - but the sub-stories/tasks/defects are opened/closed.  Any best practices/guidance?   

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

Hi Kelly,

Short answer would be, yes you can. That being said, I know you need more and there's a whole Knowledge Base about this topic, you can find it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/migrating-projects-to-another-jira-instance-933087747.html

The different steps are located on the right side of the page.

Hope this will help, and good luck!

Cheers

Kelly Jones February 28, 2018

Greatly appreciated.  I am also having a time with managing EPICS... so rather than type out a long diatribe about how we are using Epics to manage scope (dev/support requests) at the 1:1 customer/client account level - I will just ask for ideas/input on how EPICS can be leveraged vs. Themes?  Not sure how to put Themes around this kind of framework - but I am a perpetual learner and eager to try things to see if it yields value.  I have been researching how to use Themes, but can't seem to get enough clarity to discern if its an option (or not for this specific use case).   Welcome all input/ideas in this regard. 

Thanks in advance fellow Atlassians!

Kelly Jones

CSM/Program Manager

Suggest an answer