Migrate JIRA and Confluence from Cloud to Cloud

Great March 6, 2021

Dear All,

I would like to know the best solution to migrate the JIRA and Confluence from Cloud to Cloud (Only 1 project)

JIRA

Source: https://xxx.atlassian.net

• Project A (Source)
  • Project B

Destination: https://aaa.atlassian.nev

• Project C
  • Project D
  • ________ (Destination for Project A)

Confluence

Source: https://xxx.atlassian.netv

• Space-A (Source)
  • Space-B

Destination: https://aaa.atlassian.nev

• Space-C
  • Space-D
  • ________ (Destination for Space-A)

Please kindly let me know the best solution as the above scenarios which not impacted the existing projects in the destination server.

Thank you in advance

BR,

2 answers

0 votes
Artem Fomin - DevOps Action
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2021

For Confluence, space export will work, but you may need to run a user-mapping script on your space's entities.xml. You will also want to fix Jira macros and have Support update hardcoded URLs if any.

For Jira, you could take your Source instance into a staging self-hosted instance, then use JCMA (make sure you read up on entities that would get lost along the way).

CSV is an option for a smaller scope, but attachments will require some REST API magic. User mapping will also be needed if you want to keep things clean on Target site.

Great March 6, 2021

Dear @Artem Fomin - DevOps Action 

Thank you for your reply,

I'm not sure about the JCMA because "The Jira Cloud Migration Assistant beta (JCMA) is here to help you migrate from server to cloud", So Is it possible to migrate from Cloud to Cloud?

But in the case of simple step, The process to take my source is the "Back up manager" function, Can I?
If yes, How backup a single project because It seems all projects were backup.

image.png

Anyway, Is there any helpful jira add-on?

please kindly let me know

Best Regards,

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2021

You can only export a single project into CSV, and only 1000 issues at a time. To do this, search for issues in your project and export search results into a CSV. This won't give you the attachments. This is why I am suggesting a full export and import into a self-hosted instance as a more robust approach.

Great March 7, 2021

Dear @Artem Fomin - DevOps Action 

I think that full export and import is meet my requirement but there is no test server,

As my above comment:  It seems that full export function is can't specify only a single project. Can I know the next action if I need export/import only a single project?

Best Regards,

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2021

You can do single project only by using JCMA on a temporary self-hosted (server/datacenter) instance. The only way to export a single project from a cloud instance is via CSV/REST API. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2021

For Confluence, space export and import (see "space settings") will do it.

For Jira, it's more complex.  When you say "copy project", do you mean the configuration and the issues, or just the issues?

Great March 6, 2021

Dear @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thank you for your reply,

For JIRA, the copy project is means copy the project to a new destination and able to continue using it.

So I'm not sure that what's a better solution that not make the issue corrupted.

Ex.

#1 Create the Project-A in destination and export only issues from source then import to the destination project.

#2 Export whole Project from source (Issues & Configuration) then import to the destination project.

Please kindly give me the consult,
BR.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2021

Ok, but do you want to copy the project configuration and the issues in it, or just the issues?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events