Migrate H2 Database to mysql 5.7

Katholisches Datenschutzzentrum July 12, 2021

Hello,

i have a problem at the migration the integrated database to an mysql- database.

I configured the my.ini on this way:

Switching databases | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 8.18 | Atlassian Documentation

But if i start the configuration i get an error:
This MySQL instance is not configured correctly. Please follow the instructions for setting up MySQL 5.7+.

I searched the last 3 days at the community but i didnt found a way to handle the problem.

Best regards

Markus

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

That error message does really mean that you have something not quite right in the MySQL settings.  Have you been following https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-mysql-5-7-966063305.html ?

Hi,

yes, that was the way i do.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Ok, so apart from hostnames and login credentials, what are you doing differently to what the doc says?

Also, does the error message contain any more detail?  If "MySQL instance is not configured correctly" is not telling you any more detail, then you have done something very different to the doc and Jira can't see what it is.  But usually, it will tell you what to look at.  

It is probably worth a look at the Jira application log too - even if the front-end error contains no detail, when Jira starts up and tries to connect to the database, it does some checks and reads the responses, echoing error lines into the log.  That might tell you what you are missing.

I found a way to deal with the problem. But it was very crazy. I have installed and configured a MySQL server 5.7.9.

When configuring Jira, I permanently chose my own database server in version 5.7 and got the error "This MySQL instance is not configured correctly. Please follow the instructions to set up MySQL 5.7+".
Finally, I chose the MySQL 5.6 option and it works perfectly.

Crazy way, but it works

Suggest an answer