Merging two backlogs to create a sprint

ivo_sumelong October 4, 2017

I have two projects which are to be implemented by one team. Have created backlogs for each project. For sprint planning I want for instance I active sprint to pull issues from both projects. Or initially create a backlog for both projects. I can not find a solution for that. That is why I had to create two active sprint sprints for the the two projects.  

Thanks

Ivo

2 answers

4 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

Sprints and backlogs belong to boards, not projects.

All you need to do here is create a new Scrum board that has a board filter like "Project in (ABC, DEF)" so it looks at both projects.  So it can then attach a backlog and sprint to them in one go.

0 votes
scherbank October 5, 2017

there is another exotic solution.

you can work with backlogs separately and create two active sprints and than create a board where use filter like "project in (A, B) and sprint in openSprints ()

such approach will give you the opportunity to work with backlogs separately in case you have not the same person in a role of PO for example. SO it might have some benefit. 

Suggest an answer