Menus "Dashboards", "Projects" and "Issues" dont open any more

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018

Hello,

i have a Jira instance where the the main menu entries "Dashboards", "Projects" and "Issues" dont open any more:

menus.png

When you click them a small shadow appears below the menu entries are not displayed.

When leaving the page open like this for about 6 minutes suddenly some more data is loaded and the menus start responding.

The installed Jira Software Version is 7.5.3.

At first i only experienced this in chrome and switched to firefox but now i am experiencing this in both browsers.

This also happens when browsing in private.

Update:

i just encountered it on another instance with a similar history:

- Upgraded from Jira 7.1.9 to Jira 7.53

- Same 3rd Party Plugins: Email this Issue, Clone plus, Script Runner

kind regards

Jens

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

We could locate the issue, it was a plugin that will now be fixed.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

@Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions - Good you found the problem. Which plugin caused this? Maybe someone else reading this has the same problem?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

Its a custom plugin that is not on the marketplace, so this should be a unique case

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

what browser? in the past I have experienced this w/ Firefox. It was (is?) a compatibility issue. Can you check a different browser?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2018

i first experienced in chrome, then i switched to firefox but after a jew days the problems appeared there too. i will give edge a try too but i need it working in chrome / ff

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2018

hmmm that is odd. haven't seen on other browsers personally but then again I mostly use Safari and FF. I would also clear your cache, quit the browser and retry. If you are consistently seeing I highly recommend opening a support ticket w/ Atlassian. Browser compatibility issues continue to be a thorn in my side where Jira is concerned. I use Safari for most activity but FF for Confluence because I can NEVER copy and paste an image in using Safari. It always results in "Broken Link" lozenge after saving. :-(

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2018

Tried it with an Edge with which i never before entered the site and the problem occurrs.

Doesnt seem to be browser-related

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2018

Sounds like something to bring to Atlassian Support’s attention. Seems like you are pointing to upgrade as possible RC. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2018

unfortunately this is a starter license :(

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2018

You can try disabling plugins to check for compatibility. I will ping other champions that use server and see if they have ideas and if so chime in here. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2018

Hi @Jack Brickey@Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions, I've seen something similar here with Chrome also - but only sometimes and the delay was about ten seconds or so until the menu opens. 

We have Jira 7.6.0 since two weeks and at the moment, I can't reproduce this problem anymore (and haven't heard of anyone else here having this issue).

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

@Jack Brickey thanks a lot.

We could locate the issue, it was a plugin that will now be fixed.

Suggest an answer