Manually changing RANK within PRIORITY

anish patel November 20, 2013

I have a boad of 300 items ranked by Critical, High, Normal, Low, Lowest. I want to manually drag and drop within each Priority to set/change the rank on a daily basis.

Example, I have critical items ranked 1,2,3,4, 5 and I want to make (5) the 2nd ranked item and so on

I did notice this, but dont know how to change it:

<label style="float: left; display: block; left: -140px; line-height: 1; margin-right: -130px; padding-top: 4px; position: relative; width: 130px; text-align: right; word-wrap: break-word;">Filter Query</label>project in (CWA, RWA) AND issuetype in (Bug, Improvement, Story) AND priority in (Critical, High, Normal, Low, Lowest) AND status in (Pending, Backlog) ORDER BY priority DESC, Rank ASC
<label style="float: left; display: block; left: -140px; line-height: 1; margin-right: -130px; padding-top: 4px; position: relative; width: 130px; text-align: right; word-wrap: break-word;">Ranking</label>Ranking is disabled, as the Filter Query is not ordered by Rank

2 answers

0 votes
anish patel November 27, 2013

Thanks Tim. I set filters for critical, high, normal and low - that way I can see which issues are in which priority and ranked them via drag n drop.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Kinda hard to understand the "I did notice this" part. Do you mean the Filter Query section in the boards configuration page?

If yes, it meas that Ranking is disabled because the boards query does not use ranking as an order. To use that, you will need to edit the JIRA filter itself. You might want to do this:

• Use ranking in your boards filter
  • Create quick filters for your board to only see certain issues (in this case, see certain priorities)

With this, you can then rank your issues by priority.

Suggest an answer