Manual Trigger not firing and nothing in Audit log

Kimberly Kohler December 7, 2021

I have a manually triggered rule set up that I can use to clone an issue from one board to another (other, automatic rules keep the clones in sync, but one board is visible to my client and the other is for development team).  The rule has been working for over a year with a few tweaks over time.  The rule was last successfully run on 2 Dec. Today (7 Dec) I tried to run the rule,and am seeing odd behaviour.

I click the run button on the story. The rule appears on the list of previous rules affecting this story with a spinning/working icon.  After a second or two, the rule and spinner disappear from the list, and when I look in the manual rule drop down, the rule is no longer listed there.

I can still see the rule in the Global rules screen, and can view the audit log. However there is no record of any of my (multiple) attempts to run the rule on this story.  No runs are listed since 2 Dec. I tried making the rule available to a bigger group and then to everyone. These config changes show up in the audit log, and the rule reappears in the manual list for the story on refresh, but the behaviour is the same.

I have made no other changes to the rule in months (confirmed by audit log) and am unaware of any changes to either project or our Jira config.  Please help! Duplicating and syncing stories manually is a huge time sync!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2021

Hi all, 

Daniel from Atlassian Support here. Earlier today we experienced an incident across multiple Atlassian Cloud systems operating out of the AWS us-east-1 region. This affected multiple cloud-based service providers across the tech industry, so I mention this for your awareness in case you use other services that were not responding normally during this timeframe.

Atlassian's monitoring of this incident shows it is currently in recovery, and we expect services to begin acting normally again. You can subscribe to the incident on our public status page for updates.

To be completely clear - this incident caused problems with services including Jira Automation, so I believe your rule should work again as the incident is resolved.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Thank you. I had just come to the same conclusion, but feel better having it confirmed.

0 votes

This may be a larger problem, as I now can not load the rules pages or the automation tab on a story at all. Timing suggests it may be related to the AWS outage? Support site shows no ongoing issues with Jira at the moment, though.

ETA: things literally changed while I was typing. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events