Managing Releases with Greenhopper 6

John Shippick September 27, 2012

Hi

Ive recentally upgraded to Greenhopper 6

The major feature that has changed is the ability to create seperate releases. (unless I'm missing something)

So previously we'd have a project and a release called"unscheduled " and drag the stories from that into different releases.

So the scenario is i have a project called "Disco" which has every issue to do with a prodcut 1123 issues.

Disco has 4 patch releases a year so i created a board called Disco 14.0.2 and used a filter to only include issues with version Disco 14.0.2. from this i could pull down sprints based on this filtered backlog. So far so good i like the new way to handle releases better so far.

However when i go to create a second board "disco"I want this board to show all the issues in the project disco so no filters (trying to use this board like the unscheduled release in GH 5) it imports the sprint in from Disco board 14.0.2 and doesnt show all the issues even when i make sure the boards filter has no fiels selected in manage filters.

I hope thats clear

Thanks

John

1 answer

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

I'm not sure what your ideal outcome here so I'm not sure what ideas to offer.

Regarding your second board ("Disco"), the reason that is sees the sprints is because it includes the issues from the other board that are in a sprint. If you wanted it to ignore those you could change the filter to be "project = Disco and (sprint = empty or sprint not in openSprints())", which would make it not see issues that were already included in to a sprint.

Regarding the fact that it's not seeing all issues, the board will show all of the issues that match the boards filter as long as the issues are in a status that is mapped to a column. From there

• Issues that are not in an open sprint and that are not in a status mapped to the last column of the board will show up on plan mode
  • Issues that are in an open sprint will show up on work mode
  • Issues that are in the last column on the board are 'Done' and will show up in reports

Thanks,
Shaun

John Shippick September 27, 2012

Hi Shaun

2 questions

1/is using aboard the new way to handle releases or can it be done another way?

2/My sprint i first set up in release 14.0.2 has 12 items the sprint that has been included in discover has 323?

Can you remote in to have a look?

John

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

There are a variety of ways you could handle this, the approach you've chosen should work.

I can't really remote in to your instance, you might like to log a ticket with support (at https://support.atlassian.com), they can do that sort of thing.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer