Management time calculation

Giuseppe Amoruso March 29, 2021

Hi all,

i am new and i am learning. In practice I need to calculate the management time of a ticket.

The handling time must be when the ticket goes into a certain state (which I will call Processing) and when the first comment occurs in this state.

For sure I have to create a new numeric field that will populate, with an automatism, with the difference of the two assumptions above.

For the first point (when it goes into the Processing state) in the automatism I have to insert "When: Issue transitioned" by inserting the Processing state in TO STATUS, correct?

For the second condition I have to use Then: Edit issue fields setting the new field which will populate with the difference. In the text string I will insert something like this: {{now.diff (issue.comments.first.body) .abs.minutes}}

Do you think it will work or will it take the first comment of the ticket that is not in the Processing state?

I accept other solutions.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 vote
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Giuseppe Amoruso ,

Time to SLA has a novel approach for this.

You can define an SLA that starts with the status you've specified and for SLA end condition you can select Comment > Group Members of. You can add as many Groups as you want.

After you'll be able to see the elapsed time on the SLA panel and generate one of a kind reports for further analysis.

Time to SLA works with JWM, Software and JSM projects and packed with a lot of useful features. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 10.40.08.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm a member of the Snapbytes team.

Giuseppe Amoruso March 31, 2021

Hi,

thank you.

Can you tell me where this screen is?

BR,

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2021

You need to install Time to SLA, then there will be a Time to SLA section in Apps. So click Apps > Time to SLA > SLA Configuration > Add new SLA Definition. You can refer to the documentation for more information: https://confluence.snapbytes.com/display/TTSC/Create+Your+SLA

BR,

G.

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
March 30, 2021

Hello @Giuseppe Amoruso 

You can try SLA Time and Report developed by my team to get full SLA data. This add-on helps to calculate the data you need just with SLA goals. You don't need to download any automatization, because such setup (as it's described below) helps you to get achieve your goals.

configurationmanager.png

Hope it helps

Regards

Giuseppe Amoruso March 30, 2021

Hi, 

this method is good but I need to set more users who can comment on that ticket (maybe even the workgroup).

Can something like this be done?

BR,

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
March 31, 2021

Hi @Giuseppe Amoruso 

At the moment, you can't set more users, but we've included this function in the product development roadmap. 

Regards

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi @Giuseppe Amoruso ,

I strongly believe this won't work - it will use the the first available comment (it won't have any connection to the Processing status).

Maybe some other idea...

1) Create datetime custom field

2) Create the first rule, which will react on issue transition. If issue is transitioned to the status Processing and the datetime custom field is empty, store there "now" datetime there. This will result in storing the information, when the issue get to the Processing status for the first time.

3) Create numeric custom field

4) Create the second rule, which will react on comment creation. If issue is commented and the status is Processing and the numeric custom field is empty, then calculate the difference between "now" and stored datetime in the datetime custom field and store it to the second custom field.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events