Manage User Stories for Multiple Projects

Benjamin_Leppard August 30, 2013

We have a mobile app that has both Android and iOS versions. Each version has its own JIRA project, but the functionality for both versions is very similar. Because of this I would like to share User Stories between the iOS and Android versions of the app.

What is the best way to achieve this? Because the Android and iOS versions are in different projects, I can’t create a User Story in one project and sub-tasks in the appropriate projects because the User Story / sub-task relationship cannot cross project boundaries.

1 answer

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2013

Maybe you could use Epics instead. Epics can cross boundaries. If you want user stories, then you will have to clone it. What we do is we have a project called "Epics" with only Epics in it. Then the Agile boards for the other project link to the "Epics" project and can then see the Epics. They then assign user stories and tasks to the Epic and it can be followed from the board belonging to the "Epics" project. That is how we deal with this at my company.

Suggest an answer