Manage Roadmap and different team boards

Ruben Filipe da Silva Ferreira October 11, 2021

Hello Team, I'm new with JIRA and I'm studying the possibility to use it in my company.
Basically we have several Eng. Teams that can several times work in common features. Each team has its own backlog.

I want to manage the Quarterly Roadmap and make the Features for the roadmap visible and at the same time be able to manage each task that are on-going for the same Feature/Epic. We are using Kanban methodology. 

Basically the workflow would be:

1) Create the Epic / Feature

2) Be able to assign the different teams that will work on the Epic/Feature

3) This will have a duplicated task in each team board and and from the Roadmap board we can see the status of different tasks for each team.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
marcel_alim September 8, 2022

Bumping this question since my project is also in similar situation facing similar issue.

Currently a feature/epic that is assigned to a team (eg "Team A") and we have a team board for that team (eg "Team A Board"). However, that feature contains multiple user stories, most of them are for Team A, but also contains a few stories for another team (eg "Team B") due to intra-team dependencies needed to complete the feature. 

Now, if I go to Team A Board and open the Roadmap, I can see see the feature and the user stories assigned to Team A but not the user stories assigned to team B, like shown below:
 Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 12.13.01.png

However, if I go to Team B Board and open the Roadmap, I would not see the feature there because the feature is assigned to team A (which is IMO the correct behaviour). The only way to see the complete picture of all children user stories assigned to that feature is by opening the feature separately (eg as a separate tab), like shown below:

Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 12.16.12.png

This is inconvenient because we can easily miss these user stories that are assigned to different team.

So my question is, can I see all the user stories that are assigned to a feature from a roadmap? If yes, how can I achieve that?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events