Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Making the reporter be the user who ran the workflow

Hello, I want the user who submitted the issue request form in Slack, be the reporter of the issue in Jira. I followed the outlined steps, but it doesn't work.

During the testing, I am always set as the reporter in Jira, even though I set that the user who submitted the form should be the reporter.

If the issue is created directly in Jira, then it works fine and the reporter is the person who actually created the issue.

Could someone help me? Thanks a lot!

Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 16.47.40.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 16, 2022

hi @Deborah Ciampá , this seems to be part two of your earlier post. it is interesting that you see the Reporter option during your create as I do not. In fact I wonder if you are using a different connector. The favicon appears different but maybe your config explains that. is the "read our help doc..." a link to the help? Can you remove the "Person who submitted the form" altogether? Hi am also perplexed as to why you specifically would be assigned the issue unless you were easy project lead and that is the default assignee, which according to yesterday's conversation is not the case. Or there's some automation somewhere to assign issues to you.

2022-08-16_11-16-15.jpg

Hey again Jack! Yes this is the link https://help.integration.slack.nextup.ai/article/khg0tm8aar-workflow-builder I followed the step, but doesn't seem to work. The reporter I was testing with should be authenticated, and is also one of the collaborators of the workflow.

Indeed you remember correctly, I am not the project lead and no default assignee setting, at least not on purpose.

This is how it looks in Slack. The reporter appears as form submitter, but then for some reason I am assigned as reporter, even though I was not involved in the form.

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 09.29.25.png

Hi @Deborah Ciampá , thanks it is helpful to know that you are using "Integration+". Unfortunately I do not have any experience with this app. 😟

Reading the documentation it does appear it requires this variable to achieve your goal. What options do you have when clicking on "Insert variable"? I wonder if you have the wrong option? My theory is that "person who submitted form" equates to you rather than 'person who sent message'.

Failing this, in looking at the link you sent I note that there is a "Get in touch" link that brings up a chat. You might try there to see if they are aware.

Hey Jack, good point with the support, I contacted them and they helped me. The problem was that the reporter was not connected, even though he had slack and Jira already connected, so a lot of connection steps are needed. Thanks again for the quick reply in both posts and have a nice day!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey Community Leader Aug 18, 2022

Awesome...glad you got it working!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events