Maintaining Attachment size in Jira cloud

rbalamu2 September 5, 2022

Hi Team,

Can someone help to check the possible solution to get attachment size in JIRA project or on an issue level attachment.

Our JIRA storage usage become very high so we need to control it.

Note: Our attachment size is 1,024.00 MB in our instance.

Thanks,

Rahini

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @rbalamu2 

If you have 1Gb size limit, then that's your problem. Make it 10Mb or so and you will be good.

Thanks Alex. Where can I find the documentation for the same?

~Rahini

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

@rbalamu2 

• Go to cog wheel > system > attachments
  • Click edit settings and change the attachment size

Read the doc here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-file-attachments/

Kindly mark the answer as accepted, in order to help others!

Cheers :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

Hi @rbalamu2

I'm not entirely sure if I understand your issue, but if you want to see the total attachment size per issue or project, this is available out of the box in JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting and filtering by all your issue fields, plus a number of "smart fields" that aren't natively available. The attachment size is one of these smart fields.

As you can see below, you can use grouping and sum-ups to see the total attachment size per project:

attachments-size.gif

Disclaimer: I work on JXL.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Thank you Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM