Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Lost access to my assigned task and can't find the card

So my Project is private and I want to share a single task to outside of member and admin. I decide to click the task -> keylock icon -> select role (viewer) [ps. I am a member] -> restrict.

when that happens, now I lost the task and even my manager unable to see it. how can I retrieve back the task/card that now is not accessible to everyone?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Jason G 

Welcome to the community.

Can you confirm that you are assigned to the Viewer role as well as the Member role in your project?

Hi @Trudy Claspill, Thank you for the welcome! I believe I am only a member in this project. but I restrict the card/issue to just Viewer only (which is a mistake). Now my Manager (an Administrator role) and myself are unable to see the card.

There's a message error that I attached an image that says "Make sure the issue exists in this project. if it does, ask a project admin for permission to see the project's issues." the project admin is my manager, but he unable to see the issue as well. Any ideas how to recover?Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 08.43.35.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 08.40.12.png

I am suggesting that the Administrator of the project update their own and your role membership on this project so that you belong to the Member AND the Viewer roles (and for your manager, the Administrator AND Viewer roles). You can be assigned more than one role at a time. After being assigned to the Viewer role, then you should be able to see the issue again, and you should be able to change the restrictions on it.

you are awesome! I got the card back thanks to your answer! Cheers mate. Jesus loves you! @Trudy Claspill 

You're welcome. If my response helped solve your problem, please mark the answer as Accepted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

233 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you