Looking up Project Leads based on Automation checks

Kit Friend
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

We have a Risk and Issue management project setup, together with distinct Jira projects per workstream working across a large programme. 

We use a multi-select custom field (because the Project Picker field type is single-select only) in the RAID project to flag workstreams impacted by a risk or issue by the ticket, and want to add the currently configured project lead as a watcher based on the Automation script looking up the value in Jira dynamically. I've currently got a work around in place by manually triggering a number of branches where the condition checks for the presence of a workstream and adds a static watcher, but would like to replace this.

I can't work out how to use smartvalues (or something else) to do this - presumably the logic would need to have the action as "Then: Add watchers = current project lead of <PROJECT>" but I'd still have as many branches and checks as we have workstreams. 

Any thoughts on the most elegant way to achieve this? 

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

Hi Kit,

Try using the smart value {{issue.project.lead}}

Marya Magno
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2024

what if the project lead that it needs to get is based on the custom field (project picker)?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events