• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Looking for suggestions on how to best simulate user traffic in a sandbox instance

Hello,

In our Jira multi-node DataCenter we have several very complex scripted fields that are almost constantly updating custom field values across our instances. A recent code update to one of the scripted fields seems to have caused some issues in our instance, so we're looking to improve our testing process of these code updates in our sandbox. 

One thing we really want to improve in the scripted field code update testing is to simulate user traffic on our sandbox instance. Our production instance is used by internal and external users alike, and used fairly heavily (we're a 2000 user instance w/ 500 SD agents)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could best simulate user traffic on our sandbox environments? 

One idea I had was to put together a few scripts on various servers that would run API calls over to the sandbox. We would supply them with a set of projects, custom fields, and custom field values to set, and have them run through the sets randomly to generate tickets. But I'm hoping that maybe someone else has a better idea.

Thank you for your time!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler Community Leader Apr 10, 2021

Dear @Jordan McCombs ,

you could use Jmeter and fire REST API calls. But in this case, the server has to "ship" less data to the client due to missing UI elements. Much more complicated but closer to human interaction is Selenium.

Just my 50ct

Thomas

That's a good point in regards to the missing UI elements. Selenium does seem like an interesting solution, I'll look into that. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

114 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you