Looking for an Agile training course for handling unknowns

Baylor Peak December 2, 2021

Not sure how to best phrase this question.

I am a new Scrum Master for a small software development team only managing one Project (which is our Product). Currently, the two company founders are the Product Owners, but they don't have time for it and want me to take on that role as well as the Scrum Master

I am looking for professional courses class or online that will help me run extremely dynamic Sprints where there are a lot of unknown factors involved.

For example, we will have a Sprint planning session where we as a Scrum team define all the tasks needed to complete the Sprint. However, we end up creating new tasks as we go due to technical issues which can cause us to change course and create all new tasks. This results and having to extend the Sprint because due to all the unknown factors that creep up during development.

So I as the Project Manager/Scrum Master am looking for a course or courses that will help me better use the Agile method to run Sprints using Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

Hi @Baylor Peak ,

There's lots of free videos and documentation on line. A place to check is YouTube. There's also certification for certifying as a scrum master as well. 

Here's a link certification info:

https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified/scrum-master-track/certified-scrummaster

Hope this helps.

-Ben

Baylor Peak December 2, 2021

Yes, I am already looking at several sources regarding Scrum Master Certification, but what I am unable to find is will those courses address my issue?

Will it teach me how to use Scrum to plan sprints with unknown factors that can creep up during a sprint, how to address it, etc?

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

Yes, they should. I would recommend a course with an instructor so you can share your specific cases in the class rather than an online course with general common cases.

-Ben

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer