Logging time on project but not tied to a particular task

zzphqazz January 19, 2022

Is there a way to have all users in Jira to be able to log their hours spent on a particlular project? I would like a way to see how many hours each person spent on which project each month. I know that there are features to track hours spent on a particular task but I don't need that detailed information.

Is it possible to just log time on a particular project, not tied to any specific issue?

3 answers

1 vote
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2022

Hello @zzphqazz ,

I would recommend you to use our app Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports. With our app you can create custom reports based on your Jira Time Logs and Jira issue fields. So, you can check how many ours has been spent on each project or by each user. 

Project - User report.gif
You can also select any other Jira issue field or custom field to check the Time Logs associated with it. Please feel free to check out our app on a free trial here

Besides reports, you can also use Worklogs to log time, which makes keeping track of your daily time logs easier.

How to Log Time using Work Logs.gif

Hope it helps, in case of any questions or concerns please contact me here

0 votes
Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2022

Hi   @zzphqazz

If you are open to a third party app, please take a look on Pivot Report we are developing. Reports based on the worklogs are just a part of the features we have, but it works well:

shot_220121_003714.png

Here's a demo report link you can play with, no login required. 

Or a more simple and straightforward solution, called Worklogs Report. It's even more simple to use since it's all about worklogs only:

clip_220121_004333.png

Demo report is available here, same no login.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

You can only log time on an issue, not on a project. With apps like Tempo Timesheets, Logged Time reports roll-up logged time for the entire project.

What you could do, is create a separate time tracking project where the issues represent a project.

Suggest an answer