Logging Time Issue

Nathan Coffey August 23, 2017

When we log work with the Time Tracker via the MORE dropdown and save the logged time it shows under Activity as midnight EST from the day before, no matter what time of day we log time. 

For example, I logged 15 minutes of time on Wednesday August 23 around 4 pm ET and when I saved it I see it under TEMPO (Module) as August 23 but under ACTIVITY it logs it as Tuesday, August 22 at 11 pm CT, which is midnight (August 23) Eastern Time. 

See http://prntscr.com/gc8o00

So no matter what time I log my time with the Time Tracker it pretends it is midnight from the night before. 

Is there a way to fix this so that if I log my time at 3 pm CT/4 pm ET on a specific day, it shows that in the "Activity" section of the issue? This throws off my reports too, which I use AIO Reports module for. 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2017

Hi Nathan,

If you disable your Tempo add-on do you get the same behavior?

I would definitely try this as there appears to be a conflict between Tempo and JIRA's work log functions:

I see it under TEMPO (Module) as August 23 but under ACTIVITY it logs it as Tuesday, August 22 at 11 pm CT, which is midnight (August 23) Eastern Time. 

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer