Lock when changing Epic Link

Test August 8, 2019

Hello. The problem occurs when editing.
Epic Link After changing the field value, the ability to save the changes disappears. But if you click cancel and refuse to reset the entered data, the button becomes active.

Please tell me what this problem is.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2019

Hi @Test   Welcome to the community!

This could be a permissions issue, where the person making the edit does not have edit permission for both the epic and the issue you are trying to link to it.

Ask your system admin to check the user permissions to validate this.

Best regards,

Bill

Test August 11, 2019

Thank @Bill Sheboy for helping me. I am system admin and check permissions.
There are no problems with resolution.

Additional Information. To edit the Epic Link field through the edit form, the button is blocked. And if you edit the field not through the form, then everything is ok. And after such editing, it becomes possible to make changes through the form.

It seems like this is an internal problem in Jira, in its files. And not in the settings. Is it possible?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2019

Hi @Test 

Thanks for the additional information... Edit of a field working in one view and not another seems like a screen configuration issue.

As you are an admin. have you tried the Admin Helper functions?  That can help you walk-through and address an issue like this one.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-admin-helper-818578850.html

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer