Location Field

Raoul Kaiser June 25, 2014

I have added the location field to my default screen yet it does not appear. Where is my field says it should be there but it isn't. What am I missing?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Raoul Kaiser July 1, 2014

Everything checked out but still not displaying. I am planning on opening a support ticket. It must be something really small or a wire crossed.

2 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2014

Hi,

Did you check if the custom field is configured to be visible for the issue that you are trying to view?

Vijay

Definitely visible not hidden.

Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Can you go through checks one by one?

- Field configuration of the "Location Field" contains the issuetype and project you are checking

- Field configuration scheme for the project is not hiding the field

- Screen used for the project is the one in which you have put the field.

If all is fine, is there anything in logs when you try to access the issue?

Vijay

Like Joseph W_ likes this
1 vote
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2014

have a look at http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/04/jira-admins-where-is-your-field/

The JIRA Admin Helper is a free, bundled plugin that answers questions like:

• Why isn’t my field showing up on view/edit/create screens?
  • Why can/can’t a user see a certain issue?
  • Why did/didn’t a user get a certain email notification?
0 votes
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2014

does the field show up in view screen? (e.g. try setting a value using 'search issues' & bulk operations/edit).
I'd also look to activate some extra logging to check.

good luck

0 votes

The where is my field screen says it should be there. As an administrator I have access to do everything but when I try to add it from the story page I get field added but you do not have permission to edit it. How is that possible?

Suggest an answer