List of Filters does not show all filter

Olaf Brück October 19, 2017

Hi,

I have an issue with my list of filters. When i open all issues and filters the list of filters is not showing all my filters in the left side menu, it also does not allow me to scroll the filters as it was in the previous version. Is ther any way to get that fixed or any other way to be able to access all my configured filters?

We are using the hosted Jira Version.

Thanks

Olaf Brück

See screen shot:

Incopmletet_filter_list.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Olaf Brück October 30, 2017

Sorry for doubled posting, but in my IE11 it did not show that the reply was send.

Looks like IE11 is not supported well.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Olaf,

That is a strange behavior to see.  I was not able to replicate this behavior, nor have I been able to find any other reports of this particular problem yet in the new interface for Jira.   Can you let us know more about this problem?  Such as, which web browsers you are using during this (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc)?  If you use a browser like Chrome, can you look into the developer tools to see if there are any errors in regards to rendering the page?

It is possible this is a bug, but until we can reproduce this, I think it is also possible this problem might be limited to something specific to your environment.

Have you also tried to resize your browser window to see if this effects the way this page is rendered?  I am curious to learn if you can trigger this scrollbar to appear in other ways.

Regards,
Andy

Olaf Brück October 30, 2017

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your fast Answer.

I am using IE11 on Windows 7. See attached Screenshots with console output of IE11 Dev Tool.

I checked with FireFox 56.0.2 and there i get a scrollbar for the list.

If you need any further infos please let me know.

Thanks

Olaf

Error_BatchJS.PNG

Exception_Jira.PNG

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2017

Hi Olaf,

I was able to replicate this problem, but only in the IE 11 browser.  When trying to do this in other browsers like Chrome or Firefox it appears to be working for me.

However I did create a new bug to document this problem, this is currently tracked in JRACLOUD-67898.   I agree that this should not be happening in the browser itself.

I did find that I could change the zoom on the browser to see more of these links, but this isn't really a good work-around because it doesn't guarantee you would see all the filters, and it isn't always intuitive to do this.  Part of this problem is that users might not be aware that they can't see all the issues, so I agree we should treat this as a bug in the new interface in the hope that this will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer