Links not displayed in JIRA Edit mode

David Frager _gmail_ May 12, 2014

I have created a JIRA issue (Feature Request) and added several Links to other issues.

When I am viewing the issue, I see all of the issues linked, however, when I select action->edit, I see only a blank entry field.

Is this expected behavior, or is there a problem with my configuration?

I expect to see all of the lists linked so that I can add or remove issues

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

I see what you are saying. That is an expected behavior as JIRA in Edit mode will not display existing linked issues as it treats that section as a form field. That is how it works. You can create another custom field and copy values through a workflow to view those, but some more customizations needed for that.

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2018
0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

You need to add Issue Links field to your edit screen in your screen scheme.

David Frager _gmail_ May 12, 2014

The "Linked Issue" field is present on the screen My issue is that I have an issue that has several issues linked. The Linked Issues are seen while viewing, however, when I open the issue in edit mode, I do not see any of the Linked Issues.

I am able to append to the list, however, I can not see issues that are currently linked

Suggest an answer