Linking attachments in Confluence to Jira bug/story

Angelina Cordaro March 18, 2019

Hello,

I am hoping to get some feedback/advice on linking attachments in Confluence to related bugs within a Jira. 

When my dev team is working on a particular bug/story, I want to be able to link the related "Use Case" to it. These Use Cases are uploaded into Confluence as attachments.  I tried doing this by pasting in the link but the link doesn't take me to the specific document, it just takes me back to the file list.

Any advice or suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 vote
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2019

@Angelina Cordaro One trick you can use is that you can copy the URL of the attachment (by right clicking the attachment) and then link that URL to the JIRA issue, using "Web Link" option, rather than "Confluence Page" option. It should work as you need.

Hope it helps and works for you !

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2019

@Angelina Cordaro If my answer proved helpful to resolve your issue, could you please let me know and mark it as accepted?

Like Angelina Cordaro likes this
Angelina Cordaro March 20, 2019

Thank you for the suggestion, I gave it a try and it's close to what I have been trying to accomplish. When the confluence page link is clicked on within the Jira issue,  it downloads the word document versus taking me to the actual document within Confluence. I would prefer this because then the user could click to "edit" the Use Case document after completing the Story/Task. 

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2019

@Angelina Cordaro Do you mean that you have already linked the Confluence page containing the attachments (of Use Cases) to a JIRA issue (bug/story) and clicking on that page link from JIRA issue takes you to that page in Confluence?

If not, can you elaborate bit more on which link are you copying and how are you linking it to JIRA issue? And which page you see (which you refer as file list)?

Angelina Cordaro March 18, 2019

Hi!

Exactly, I added the Confluence page containing the attachments (of Use Cases) as a Wiki Page within JIRA issue (bug/story). But then if a user clicks on this link, they are taken to the Confluence page that lists all 60 use cases.

The user then has to search through all of the Use Cases to find the correct one. Rather I would like the link to take the user directly to the related use case. 

I am not sure if there is a way to accomplish this. Thank you!

Suggest an answer