Linking Confluence to JIRA Agile

Erik Seefeld March 2, 2014

Trying to link Confluence to JIRA Agile (both are the latest cloud versions)

When in the Confluence Administration --> Application Links area, I enter our JIRA Agile URL and click on "Create Link" but am immediately presented with an Internal Server Error.

When trying to create the Application Link from JIRA it works fine until JIRA then redirects to Confluence, where I again get the same Internal Server Error. Had a look in the support doco for related issues but they mostly seemed to relate to on-premise instances or issues with Fisheye.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Issam Wakidi March 16, 2014

hi, I have exactly the same problem any news ? did you git in touch with the support ?

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2014

Hi Issam,

Erik was trying to link 2 OnDemand instances, one with Confluence and another one with Jira. Finally decided to have both applications running in the same instance as recommended.

Feel free to create a new support request if your problem is different.

Cheers,
Mauro

Issam Wakidi March 17, 2014

hi Mauro,

I did the same mistake, and resolve it by creating a confluence account diretly from JIRA instance and it works now.

Thank you.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2014

Glad to hear you worked it out Issam. :) Thanks for posting your solution here.

Cheers!

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2014

Hi Erik,

Jira Agile runs with JIRA and JIRA and Confluence in OnDemand are already linked together so there is no need for an extra configuration.

What functionality are you trying to obtain? Maybe there is another problem that needs fixing.

Cheers,
Mauro

Erik Seefeld March 2, 2014

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for your reply.

When I try to add a JIRA Report in Confluence for example, I get the error "Your confluence has not been configured to connect to JIRA. Click here to set your connection.". This directs me to the Application Links area of Confluence Administration.

Under the Application Links area in confluence, I can't see our JIRA instance. For this reason I was trying to add a link to JIRA and this is when I get the Internal Server Error.

Cheers,

Erik

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2014

Hi Erik,

Thanks for explaining.

I'd recommend requesting support at support.atlassian.com as this problem doesn't look like a generic problem and the Support Team should take a closer look at your OnDemand instance to find out what is wrong.

Thanks,
Mauro

Erik Seefeld March 3, 2014

Thanks Mauro, will do.

Suggest an answer