Linked issues from JIRA Service Management

IJsbrand November 16, 2020

Hi,

With the OLD view, we have always been able to link tickets from our JIRA service Management system to JIRA Software ticket.

2020-11-16 10_20_01-Link - RentalMatics.png

BUT

Now with the new view, we cannot link our JIRA Software ticket to our JIRA Service Management ticket anymore!?

2020-11-16 10_40_08-[RM-979] Multiple UDR alerts for the same vehicle - RentalMatics.png

PLEASE FIX for use in new ticket view

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Edouard Kaiser
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Hi @IJsbrand , if I understand correctly, the two projects are on different instances and linked through Application links.

If that's the case, what you need is this feature on the new issue view, and the good news is that it's currently being worked on:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70833

Please complete the following Google Form and we will be in-touch shortly to give you early access:

https://forms.gle/3zPygVX7dgnKkisX8

Cheers

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Hi @IJsbrand 

Welcome to the Community!

I've just tried in my instance, and I can link tickets from one to the other.

A couple of things you can test:

- Do you have the relevant permissions?

- Are both tickets open?

Hi Liam,

Yes. I have the relevant permissions and both tickets are 'OPEN'.

To reiterate, everything works fine in the old ticket view, but as soon as I try the same thing in the new-ticket view. it does not work. notice that the new ticket link feature does not have the list box for the server as shown in the first screenshot.

Also to make sure my explanation was properly conveying that;

• This ticket link is between a Jira Software instance ticket (cloud) and a Jira Service management instance (cloud).
  • Both Instances are linked to each other in Integrations -> Application links
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Hi @IJsbrand 

I've just tried again and it has worked.  What does the list box for server do on your old view?  Is one instance hosted on Server and the other on Cloud?

The Listbox for server selects between the Jira software (Cloud) and Jira Service (desk) Management cloud instances

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2020

What happens if you try using the full URL to link it?

We can't find an issue with the key https://xxxxxxxx.atlassian.net/browse/RS-1679

that is the error show, same as using Ticket key

I have tried numerous tickets, the outcome is: old view never an issue -> new view = issue

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2020

Hi @IJsbrand 

In that case I'd log it as a bug with Atlassian then

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer