Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Link issue when transitioning a sub-task to an own issue Edited

Hey, I'd like to link issues in cases where a sub-task is transitioned to an own issue. For example, sub-task is transitioned to its own story. I now want the new issue being linked to the former parent.

This is what I tried but it fails. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 18.37.33.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Lars Böhnke

After trying many things since last night, I manage to do something, but not quite what you want to achieve. And I think that I have found out the reason why:

parent.png

The solution would be to track the changes for the Parent link. However the parent link is locked to the Premium Plan only.

I did manage to succeed on making a connection when a subtask was changing the parent, but NOT when a subtask was converted to an issue.

I honestly believe that with the standard plan this can't be done :(

What a pity. But thanks man for playing around with it! Appreciate it!

Like Alex Koxaras likes this

No problem. It's a pity that I wasn't able to help you

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jul 09, 2021

Hi @Lars Böhnke + @Alex Koxaras

could you please do me a favour and have a look into the following - in my instance (Free, not Premium) from the looks it worked - however there must be something in the wind, when you both said it is too hard it's unlikely this is what you are searching for.

Let's go.

grafik.png

What I understood and what works:
when a sub-task is existing under an issue and the sub-task will be converted to an issue using "Convert to issue" the user wants to have a link between the new (converted) issue and the former issue (the previous parent).

Please do a test and let me know what is missing.
Nothe the test was in a company-managed project. (Free plan).

Cheers,
Daniel

Didn't work for me :( I use 

Value change → for parent link → for create issue

then link issue → split from → {{issue.parent.key}}

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 19.29.33.png

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jul 18, 2021

Two questions + one idea:
1.) the issue stays within the same project but gets assigned a different parent, correct?
You do not try to move it to another project if I understand it correctly, right?

2.) is this a company-managed project or a team-managed project?

3.) Could you please try to log the {{issue.parent.key}} using a log action, probably the step before actually linking?

1. yes

2. team-managed

3. Will try, thx

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

62 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you