Link Issues with New Issue View

Matthew Faust November 10, 2020

How do i view issue links and add new links to internal issues with the new Issue view?

When i click Link Issue button it does not respond. Is this a new add-on fee?

I also cannot see previously linked issues as seen below.

Jira Links.png

4 answers

0 votes
Violetta Balayan July 8, 2021

I'm having this same issue, but only on certain projects in Jira.  I have the 'Link Issues' permission in all of them so it's really bizarre.   @Matthew Faust did you learn anything from your support ticket on this?

0 votes
Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

@Matthew Faust the option to "link issue" is in the main part of the button in the screenshot you shared:
Jira Links_002.png

Matthew Faust November 11, 2020

I am well aware, the button is completely unresponsive.

Caroline Bartle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

Ah ok, apologies for that. I'd suggest raising a support ticket for this: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

Hi Matthew,

If you switch to the Old Issue View do you see the links? And do you have the ability to create a link? 

Matthew Faust November 11, 2020

On the Old View i have no problems at all viewing and creating linked issues. On the new view I am unable to do either. The Link Issue button does not respond at all. 

I have tried multiple browsers, machines, locations.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

See if these screenshots help...

link1.jpglink2.jpg

Link issue is not an available option for me, even though i have been using links on the old view and the existing issue already has several links

Jira Links_002.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2020

please ensure you have Link issue permissions under project settings.

Jira Links_003.png

Any thoughts here? How can I escalate this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events