Limiting sprint suggestions in 8.7.1

Alexander Makarovsky December 5, 2022

Hey!
I guess I'm missing something essential, but for some reason I don't see "relevant sprints" checkbox on my jira software configuration page. Running 8.7.1 Server
Any ideas?

And by the way, does anyone know how suggest for sprints works without this setting? When creating issue I see the list of actual sprints for project I've selected for issue creation. Other users see a huge list of irrelevant sprints from numerous projects. I guess this https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0813/limiting-sprint-selection-to-relevant-sprints-1027134995.html should be a fix but again, I don't see such checkbox at all

Huge thanks in advance

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 00.08.38.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Alexander Makarovsky 

This feature has been added on jira 8.11, you are in 8.7 so it do not exist yet.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-8-11-x-release-notes-1013852753.html#JiraSoftware8.11.xreleasenotes-sprint

Not sure but I think that prior this version this field was displaying all Sprints.

It's usually recommanded to manage Sprint in a Sprint Backlog and not directly from the create/edit screen.

Regards

Alexander Makarovsky December 6, 2022

Thanks @Florian Bonniec 
Now I got it. Still there is a confusion I couldn't find the answer to. It seems Suggestion shows different list of sprints with different order for different users. and we can't figure out the logics behind. Any hint would be of help

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

I think it's all available Sprints in the instance. May the suggestion display recently used sprint that may differ by user but the overall list is the same.

It's not really clear and I never had to investigate that.

Regards

Alexander Makarovsky December 8, 2022

Seems I understood how suggest works. It just shows the recent sprint you viewed on sprints panel of the project(s)

Suggest an answer