Limiting fields in JQL quesry result.

Tom DelGiudice May 31, 2017

I am trying to limit the fields that are returned from a JQL query and when using a URL in a rest call.

What is the syntax of the expression do I need to add to the end of a query to limit the fields returned?

status = Accepted & fields = key , ID  is one of many attempts that have failed. 

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2017

Hi Tom,

You can use the fields paramater as explained in the JIRA Server platform REST API reference:

The fields param (which can be specified multiple times) gives a comma-separated list of fields to include in the response. This can be used to retrieve a subset of fields. A particular field can be excluded by prefixing it with a minus.

By default, all (*all) fields are returned in this get-issue resource. Note: the default is different when doing a jql search -- the default there is just navigable fields (*navigable).

*all - include all fields
*navigable - include just navigable fields
summary,comment - include just the summary and comments
-comment - include everything except comments (the default is *all for get-issue)
*all,-comment - include everything except comments

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Tom DelGiudice June 1, 2017

Branden,  Thanks for the quick response.  I looked through the document and could not find information on how to implement the fields parameter, though there are many references to it.

In my example stated below, I am trying to create a query that returns the Key and ID fields of all Issues with an Accepted I tried many variations on the statement below.

status = Accepted & fields = key , ID   

Please advise.

Thanks,  Tom DelGiudice

Suggest an answer