Limiting Column Results to "Last 30 days"

Matthew Vincent October 1, 2019

I'm trying to reduce the number of items displayed in the Done column to those added to the column in the last 30 days. Is that possible? 

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2019

Hi @Matthew Vincent 

Yes, you would need to change the board filter and add something like

AND resolutiondate > -30d

@Warren thank you, but can I limit that to one specific column and for that not to apply to the others (To Do and In Progress)

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2019

Hi @Matthew Vincent 

The right hand column (which I'm assuming is what you're calling Done) is usually the column where the resolution gets set, so what I suggested will remove items ONLY from the Done column. If your resolution gets set in another column, then this probably wouldn't work

0 votes

Thanks, @Bill Sheboy and @Warren Unfortunately, I don't think these solutions get at what I'm going to need. We have a board that we share with our boss that shows projects that are on-deck (To Do), In Progress, and Done. When they're move to Done, we want to be able to see them for a set of time (30 days), but then after that we'd like them to fall of. Perhaps we should create a new column (Done Done) that essentially holds all the projects that have fallen off the 30 day mark. Does that make sense?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2019

Hi @Matthew Vincent 

I believe I am missing something in your request; the filter that @Warren and I described will remove issues completed more than 30 days ago from the Done column.

Would you please try this filter to check the results, and/or clarify your question.  Thank you.  Maybe show a screen capture where the filter is in place and it still returns other results.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2019

Hi @Matthew Vincent   Welcome to the community!

To add onto @Warren suggestions...

The resolutionDate part of the query will check for the Done status (or whatever you are calling this).  Adding one more thing will handle the other columns.

How-to:

• Get your current board filter, and add this to the end...
  • AND (resolution = EMPTY OR resolutiondate > -30d)

My team goes a step further, and removes any releases which have been deployed:

(resolution = EMPTY OR resolutiondate > -30d)
AND (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY)

One more thing to note: the board filter impacts your reports.  If you want to just alter the displayed items on your board, put your resolutionDate check in the sub-filter.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer