License Audit Advice

Corinne Deflaux May 20, 2021

I'm trying to audit our licenses for Jira software, we are on cloud. I think something either has gone awry with how the Okta administrator connected Okta to Atlassian and I'm trying to get to the bottom of why we are burning through licenses. I exported a user list and filtered out the extra information and the totals in the sheet do not much the number of licenses consumed. What is the best way to get an accurate list of who has a license without going page by page in the user menu. 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi @Corinne Deflaux,

From what you explain, it seems that you have quite a lot of users. It might be an idea to export your users so you get a decent list you can manually go through in Excel.

You should be able to export a list of user from admin.atlassian.com and navigate to User Management. There is a blue button to export a user list. You can specify additional options to narrow down the selection of what you want to include in the export.

Apart from exporting that list, also have a look at Product access in that same admin.atlassian.com environment and have a look at the settings for each product:

• is the option "new users have access to this product" on or off?
  • which groups are assigned to each product

Those last 2 steps are not really auditing of your current users, but they may hold an explanation as to why you are unexpectedly seeing users being added.

Hope this helps! 

Corinne Deflaux May 20, 2021

Yeah that is what I did initially, I'm just getting mismatched numbers

Suggest an answer