Labels in Greenhopper Plan mode

Rog July 10, 2013

The labels functionality in JIRA per project is great, you can click on a label and show a list of the issues and then click on other labels in those issues to see lists relating to that other label. I can even order by ranking so the same order as in my Agile/Greenhopper Plan backlog. Then I want to move the issues I've found up the ranking in my backlog....hmm tricky - I can click on view in board on one ticket but that means I lose sight of the other ones.

What would be really nice is to have a labels pullout next to Versions and Epics on the board next to the backlog, with the same functionality as the Project/Labels JIRA part, but filtering my backlog. If you could also click on a label in the issue in the view issue panel to the right, and then filter the backlog from there, that wouled be awesome....

Anyone found a good way to use this functionality?

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rog July 17, 2013

Thanks Zulfadi and Peter, I'll watch the improvement requests with interest. For now we'll just have to switch to the JIRA side and do our searching there, it's a bit cumbersome though.

4 votes
Deleted user November 24, 2013

Is there a good way to show the labels in plan mode? I can see version, epic and estimate in the issue line, but not the labels.

3 votes
odionis February 15, 2015

Hi,

I've got the same problem as @Rog.

We've got lots of projects and lots of labels on each of it, so for us, it'd be really useful to have the label close to the versions and the epics. I've attached to show you how it would be:

Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 11.53.34.png

In that way plan a sprint would be really easy and direct.

1 vote
Alan Corey February 18, 2015

You can vote this feature request up here:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9554

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2013

Hi Rog,

You could try and use quick filters based on your labels.

You can configure them using JQL in the config section of your Board.

Just create some quickfilters like this : labels = "My-favourite-Label" and save them.

Then if you click on the quick filter on the plan backlog screen it will only show those issues that comply to the selected quick filter.

Best regards,

Peter

Rog July 11, 2013

Hi Peter, thanks, but not really useful if I've got 20 labels, (One application of this would be for clients interested in certain functionality, too many for quick filters), also user cannot do this themselves without being admin. I think we'll just have to switch between backlog and JIRA issues views, makes it complicated though...

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2013

Hi Rog,

I can see how that might indeed cause problems if you want users to be able to do all of this and if you have so many different labels.

You could always create a feature request (Story) here : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS

You can always work with two screens and on screen have the backlog and on the other one the issues view.

Best regards,

Peter

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2013

There are already couple of improvement request on this as either grouped quick filter or having a drop-down value quick filter. Please see the following stories

Suggest an answer