LDAP Configuration failed

Miguel August 22, 2013

I have been trying to configure LDAP setting for a couple days now and the only way I can get it to work is by using a domain admin account for the setup then search users after the connection test has been successful. I noticed when searching users it adds an entry in AD under member of as JiraAdmin. So I have 2 questions.

1. Can you configure a connection without using a Domain admin account?

2. If you do have to use a domain admin account can you stop Jira from adding that group to the accounts that use Jira?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Miguel

1 answer

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2013

Hi Miguel

1. Can you configure a connection without using a Domain admin account?

Yes you can, the admin account is not compulsory as long as the LDAP connection is able to successfully establish to JIRA itself, then it should be working fine.

2. If you do have to use a domain admin account can you stop Jira from adding that group to the accounts that use Jira?

It would depends which LDAP configuration you opt to. If you are configured as LDAP(Read only with local groups) or Delegated LDAP Authentication, make sure that you don't specify the default group membership.

Hopefully it helps :)

Suggest an answer