LDAP Configuration failed

I have been trying to configure LDAP setting for a couple days now and the only way I can get it to work is by using a domain admin account for the setup then search users after the connection test has been successful. I noticed when searching users it adds an entry in AD under member of as JiraAdmin. So I have 2 questions.

1. Can you configure a connection without using a Domain admin account?

2. If you do have to use a domain admin account can you stop Jira from adding that group to the accounts that use Jira?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Miguel

1 answer

0 vote
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Aug 25, 2013

Hi Miguel

1. Can you configure a connection without using a Domain admin account?

Yes you can, the admin account is not compulsory as long as the LDAP connection is able to successfully establish to JIRA itself, then it should be working fine.

2. If you do have to use a domain admin account can you stop Jira from adding that group to the accounts that use Jira?

It would depends which LDAP configuration you opt to. If you are configured as LDAP(Read only with local groups) or Delegated LDAP Authentication, make sure that you don't specify the default group membership.

Hopefully it helps :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

13,174 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you