Kanban to Scrum

brian kim August 4, 2014

I created a Kanban board and added a bunch of issues. I then created a new Scrum board and selected "Board from existing project" and selected the project. Then, when viewing the new Scrum board I only see one issue from the project in the board.

4 answers

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2014

Generally the issue in this situation is that you don't have the status of the issue mapped to a column on your Agile Board. Go to Configure and the Columns section and there will be a message warning you that not all statuses are mapped to columns. You can map them on that page so that the issues will appear on the board.

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

Hi Brian,

here is link to similar question with answer:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Your+issue+XXX+has+been+created+but+is+not+currently+visible+on+the+Rapid+Board

Cause in that case

The Filter Query does not include the project that you were trying to create issue at. In example from link on Atlassian site, it only includes Test and Test 2 is not present.

Resolution

1. Create a new Rapid Board that includes the respective Projects to ensure that the notification message does not appear on the Rapid Board.

2. Ensure that the Sprint custom field is set to Global Context to reflect the changes on all the projects that you have in your instance. If you set it to only certain projects, then it will cause the notification message to appear.

I hope it will help.

Regards,
Florjan

brian kim August 4, 2014

I already found this answer on google and it's pretty much the same solution that Ravi proposed with the project filters. This did not help. But, thanks!

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

Is possible to add the exact JQL of your filter and the name of the project where you created issue?

0 votes
brian kim August 4, 2014

Also, now, where I create a new issue on that board, I get the following error:

You issue XXXXXX is created but is not currently visible.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

Check the filter you are using. It should display all the issues of that filter or project in the backlog.

brian kim August 4, 2014

The filter is set to the same as the Kanban board, which is all issues for the project

Suggest an answer