Kanban projects List

venkatesh reddy June 30, 2021

Hi,

I want to fetch  the list of all Kanban projects created in my jira server instance.

How can I achieve this one?

Thanks,

Venky

2 answers

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Hi @venkatesh reddy 

As @Trudy Claspill mentioned the classification Kanban is for the agile board not the project. Boards are on top of other software project in Jira.

There is however a way to get all boards using this REST end point.

JIRAURL/rest/agile/1.0/board

You will get a response like this.

"values": [{"id": 19,"self": "JIRAURL.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board/19","name": "EP board","type": "kanban","location": {"projectId": 10035,"displayName": "Epics (EP)","projectName": "Epics","projectKey": "EP","projectTypeKey": "software","avatarURI": "/secure/projectavatar?size=small&s=small&pid=10035&avatarId=10405","name": "Epics (EP)"}},

Notice "type": "kanban", it will tell you if the board is scrum or kanban.

For the list of projects you can use this end point.

JIRAURL.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/project

In the JSON response you can find "projectTypeKey": "software" that will tell you the project type.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Projects are not classified as Kanban or Scrum. That is the classification for an agile board. 

Kanban and Scrum define the behavior of the agile board. An agile board is based on a saved filter that can reference 1..n projects. A project can have more than one board that shows its issues so a project's issue may appear on multiple boards - both Kanban and Scrum.

So, the answer to your question is there is no way to get a list of "Kanban projects" because there is no such thing as a Kanban project. There are only Kanban boards.

What problem are you trying to solve? If we understand the problem you are trying to solve, that will help us come up with relevant suggestions for you.

Suggest an answer