Kanban board missing issues visible in scrum board

James Garford January 23, 2020

Hi everyone,

I have a Kanban board which spans multiple projects using a filter query, and a scrum board using the same query. The scrum board correctly shows all in-sprint issues across all projects, but weirdly the Kanban is only showing issues from one project. All projects are next-gen and the same access levels, I believe. I could just use scrum but it's not ideal for this project.

N.B. As far as I can see, all my statuses are correctly mapped to columns.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

My guess would be that the issues you are "missing" have a "fix version" set.  Scrum boards use that for "we're aiming to fix that in that version".  Kanban uses it for "we released it".

The boards, while looking similar on the surface, do have different purposes and behaviours.

From what you've said here, I actually suspect you have a project that is misbehaving - the one that is showing on your Kanban.  Unless you've customised the Kanban filter.

James Garford January 24, 2020

Thanks Nic but I haven't added a fix version, or even that field, to any of these projects. Also the Kanban filter (the same as I'm using for scrum) is just 'project IN (ABC, XYZ) ORDER BY rank, priority, assignee'. I did wonder if resolution status was important but this filter shouldn't be excluding any resolution.

Suggest an answer