Kanban board access issue

Martin Cote April 24, 2019

Hi guys.  We are using Jira Cloud and created a Business project in Jira into which I created a Kanban board.   I am able to see that board, but nobody else are.   The wierd part is that they are able to access the project and see the issues within.  They are also able to access the filter and see the content.   

According to the doc I found, in order to access a kanban board, you need to have permissions to see the filter, so it should work as they do have permissions.  However the message obtained when they try to access is "This page is only available to JIRA Software users. If you think you should be a JIRA Software user, you should ask your administrator to give you application access to JIRA Software."  They cannot list any board from the list either.  

How could I properly share the board with the other team members?  

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

Sounds like they only have Jira Core licenses.  You will need to add them to a group that controls which users are Jira Software users.

Martin Cote April 25, 2019

That was it.   Thanks a lot for that!  

Efren Cardenas August 26, 2020

I am having the same issue. Does that mean the only way we can share the Kanban board is to give them Jira Software licenses?

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

when creating Kanban boards for business projects be sure to do the following:

• create the board and for "Location" use your profile (at the very bottom of the list). Be sure to use a unique board name that folks can recognize.
  • share the board with those that need or simply "any logged in user"
  • in any project, e.g. the business project use the "Add item" in the sidebar to create a link to the board.
Martin Cote April 24, 2019

thanks for the quick reply.  did try that, but it end up with the same error message when they access it unfortunately so it must be something else. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2019

please provide a snapshot of board settings > general page

Suggest an answer